Alternate quote of the day

2 Oct 2007

Hello Bindian blog readers

Well today is a Holiday to honour one of the worlds greats

Do you know that "United Nations General Assembly" has "unanimously adopted" a resolution which has declared October 2 to be "the International Day of Non-Violence.

Gandhi, who else can it be

Gandhi dedicated his life to the wider purpose of discovering truth, or Satya.
He tried to achieve this by learning from his own mistakes and conducting experiments on himself. His autobiography is "The Story of My Experiments with Truth"

Gandhi stated that the most important battle to fight was overcoming his own demons, fears, and insecurities.
Gandhi summarized his beliefs first when he said "God is Truth".
He would later change this statement to "Truth is God".

He also followed and preached the road of nonviolence

The concept of nonviolence (ahimsa) and nonresistance has a long history in Indian religious thought.
He was quoted as saying:

1-"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall — think of it, always."

2-"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"

3-"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

4-"There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

Proud words from a man to be remembered throughout the world if only for today

Well how about a top 10 for another persons birthday today
No relevance to Ganhdi, but we all need the lighter side of life
See if you can guess who it is?

Quotes to make you smile
1-A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
2-Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
3-Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
4-From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it.
5-Go, and never darken my towels again.
6-I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
7-I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
8-I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.
9-I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
10-Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
Now I know where that came from , oximorons just have to be blogged

Two of Queen's albums, A Night at the Opera (1975) and A Day at the Races (1976) were named after films he starred in






Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx.




Meanwhile one of neighbors in the UK who is in the credit card fraud business ( Alen is that you using our card or investigating the use of it?) may want to come out and investigate the latest wave of card crime in India?
Stranger things happen

Namaste

Mrs P & Mr B

No comments:

Quote of the day

Quote of the Day